This is truly an amazing dip that I could not stop eating and eating…and eating! It sounded really awesome when I found it, but when I was done preparing, I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it really was! I seriously had to fight off my kids as we battled for space and dunked our chips in the dip bowl over and over until it was gone. For my kids and I, this is the perfect Pre-Thanksgiving snack.
Seriously, the flavor is unreal! It has a taste and zest that will smack you in the mouth and say HELLO! It’s not too spicy to where the kids will walk away from it. Not sure if that is good or bad…..if they walk there is more for me and if they stay, we do battle. I’m not gonna lie and say that it is the healthiest snack, but c’mon, it is the Holidays and I am perfectly fine stuffing my face and belly with this amazing dip and then paying the price in the gym the next few days.
A quick run to the local market and we were set. It took Hayli and I about five minutes to drop the pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, garlic, corn, jalapeno chilies and bacon into the slow cooker and then we waited patiently for two hours and stirred occasionally. This amazing dip is super easy to make and wont take up any of the coveted Thanksgiving oven space. I am definitely making another batch for Thanksgiving and this time will keep a secret bowl in reserve.
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 16 oz frozen corn
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons liquid from jar of jalapeno chiles
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Chopped scallions if desired
- Tortilla chips and lime wedges, as desired
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and turn setting to low.
- Place pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, garlic, frozen corn, jalapeno chiles, and liquid from chiles in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Stir in half the chopped bacon. Transfer dip to a serving bowl and top with remaining bacon and scallions.
- Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges on the side.