I like Pumpkin Pie and eat it once or maybe twice a year during the Holidays, but I LOVE Cheesecake. Combine the two and I will eat it anytime of year! I tried this recipe awhile back and it was amazing. It wasn’t too time consuming to make, it tasted fantastic, and my kids loved it. I do realize there are a ton of recipes out there as we get close to Thanksgiving day, but this one is definitely one that I put to the test and is pretty much a guaranteed success in my picky house.
The total prep time to oven is about 30 minutes, but in my home, prep time rarely includes only myself, so I can cut this back a little as Hayli assists me (or most often takes the lead). Bake time is between 35 and 40 minutes. I’ll let it cool once the center is set, and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours if i’m really anxious to dig in, or I’ll leave overnight and serve on Thanksgiving Day.
Hayli and I will be making this recipe tomorrow so it is ready and fresh for Thanksgiving day. There is no way that I can get away with only making one as my Family will tear thru it in a few minutes. Two will be on the program to bake tomorrow in case friends stop by, there is a need for a snack on Black Friday, or on the weekend. Hope you love it as much as i do!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages softened cream cheese
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup whipped cream or frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust and set aside.
- Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cover with whipped topping before serving.