This amazing Breakfast Skillet recipe is not only easy to make, but is delicious too. With four children in the house this weekend, we figured this would make for a tasty meal and one that should make everyone happy. It’s not always an easy task to make something that all of the kids will like, but I rolled the dice on this one and fortunately, I was right.
Pretty simple to make and I had all of the ingredients available at home, so no need to clean up and head to the store looking like I just rolled out of bed…which I did. Potatoes, bacon, green bell pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese and 8 eggs and I was good to go.
The total time in prep and cook time was a little over an hour but totally worth it! Add salsa or in several of the kids case, ketchup, which added a little extra kick that really made the difference. While the kids feasted on the breakfast skillet, I drank my coffee in hopes of a few scraps of leftovers. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when Hayli brought me a plate and a smile and said “the cook deserves a plate too”. She made my morning and the meal got me off to an amazing start to the day!
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-8 eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, but still firm, about 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a large deep skillet until evenly browned. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Add potatoes to the skillet and cook on medium heat until browned. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with shredded cheese and turn the mixture until the cheese is melted. Keep on low heat while cooking eggs.
- Cook eggs to your preferred style and pace on top of mixture if desired.