Are you hosting a holiday party or going to a holiday party and need something simple and very tasty to share with friends and Family? Look no further. These chocolate mousse cups are easy to make, they look amazing and they are delicious desserts that are very light, but will satisfy the urge for something sweet without the feel of eating a huge dessert.
In total, the Chocolate Mousse cups took about 20 minutes to make before being ready to eat. Pretty simple to prepare and kids can get involved. Once I put the recipe together and folded whip cream with the mousse, Hayli took over and did the piping and added a raspberry for added flavor. The cool twist to this Chocolate Mousse is the use of edible mini chocolate crusts that can be found at any specialty grocery store. Hayli and her Nephews devoured most of the Mousse cups after I requested they do a taste test, but they were nice enough to leave me with a couple and they were delicious!
The timing couldn’t have been better as I was going to a Christmas Party last night. I whipped up a few dozen more to bring and at the end of the night, they were gone. Fun and easy to make with your kids and a delicious dessert anytime of year.
- ¼ cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water over low heat, stir until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of chocolate mixture into the egg yolk and return to the saucepan stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool, stirring several times. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Fold into chocolate mixture and pipe into desired cups.