Thought I would give you a head start on next weekends game day snack…I actually made these today as a last minute appetizer before the football games and they were a hit with friends, so I figured I ought to share with everyone.
I got them ready late Saturday night and popped them in the oven a few minutes before friends arrived today and we were good to go. Pretty simple to prep. Half the Jalapenos and beat the cream cheese, bacon, etc. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno cavity, put in the oven and enjoy.
I am not really really into spicy foods, but this was perfect. Crunchy Jalapeno with a little kick of spice, but not too much. Hayli ended up using the jalapeno as a dipping bowl and used Tostitos to dig out the cream cheese. Either way, they are delicious and a quick and tasty appetizer.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of chopped seeded tomato
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp and crumble
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onion, lime juice, salt and garlic in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly among the halved jalapeno peppers and place on baking sheet
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until cheese mixture is lightly browned
- Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato