Do you have a busy life like I do? Always seem to be doing something or going somewhere, but still love to cook and have dinner at home with your Family? Are you having friends over this weekend or need an appetizer for the Super Bowl? If any or all of the questions are a “yes” then you will love everything about these egg rolls. They taste amazing and won’t take up much of your limited time.
If you can squeeze in a little more than 30 minutes and maybe less with a helper you can prep and make about 10 pork and vegetable egg rolls for a main dish or for an appetizer. Hayli and I prepped these tasty egg rolls in about 20 minutes, fried them for about 4-6 minutes (or you can bake for about 14 minutes) and they were ready to be devoured. Egg roll wrappers, cabbage, a carrot, green onions, spicy pork sausage and some sesame or peanut oil and you have everything you need.
Serve alone, with Soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce and enjoy. My only caution is that once you start eating these it is very hard to stop. Hint, if your bringing them to a friends home you can make mini-rolls using wanton wrappers instead, or double up the recipe and watch them disappear fast!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 cups of sesame or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 ounces of shredded carrots
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Season pork with with ginger and garlic powder and cook in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in cabbage and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water to form a paste. Put aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium to high heat.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers with a corner pointed toward you. Place about ¼ to ⅓ cup of pork mixture onto each wrapper. Fold the bottom corner up over filling, then fold the two opposite corners toward the middle. Roll up burrito style and brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Place egg rolls into the heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until egg rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.
- Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce.