Okay, so I definitely have the perfect appetizer for your Super Bowl party…..pretty sure I may have said that last week when I posted the egg rolls…. or the week before that when I posted the chicken wings :0. Anyway, trying to get you ready and give you choices for the Super Bowl and beyond. I made these Waffle Sliders today with Hayli. I am usually looking for something that tastes great and doesn’t take too long to make and this definitely worked.
This appetizer seriously took about 20 minutes to make, and less time to eat. If you can make a waffle, cook some bacon, get a couple tomatoes, add mayonnaise, lettuce and add guacamole then you can have these ready fast. They are tasty, kind of different, and if you have a little helper like I did, you can knock these out really fast!
My testing ground was with my kids once again. After Hayli and I made the sliders, we left the house for ten minutes, got back and all but two were left…. I’m guessing my two other kids liked them as much as Hayli and I did! So, you have the egg rolls, the chicken wings and now the BLTA sliders to choose from when getting ready for the Super bowl and beyond. I have one more idea coming on Wednesday this week so stay tuned.
- Waffle or pancake mix
- 6-8 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 6-8 tablespoons of guacamole or avocado slices
- 12 strips of bacon, cooked
- 2 small tomaotoes
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat waffle maker and follow waffle recipe
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter in the center of each waffle iron quadrant and bake until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cool waffles on wire rackand repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread mayonnaise and guacamole evenly over waffle pieces and top with bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.